Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm tired of walking, it's time for a change....

Dear Mom and Dad,

How are you guys doin? I've come to a little delimna over the past few months at Winthrop. I know you're asking eachother, what could possibly be the delimna? Well as you already know, you didn't let me bring my car up here for the first semester, and I think I really need it. I know you're probably thinking that I just can't get everywhere that I want to go. That maybe one reason but there are others.
You remember that Walgreens that you thought was a good idea for us to have close to the school. I'm starting to think it wasn't such a good idea, because that store is pricey. There is a Walmart a few miles down the road, but it is not in walking distance, and I know you would want me to budget my money. See I'm learning already.
Another reason is because, I know you don't like me just getting in the car with anyone. Well with me not having a car, I will have to do that. I'm in college so there are going to be places where I have to go that is not walking distance.
Im not telling you what to do, but it would probably be in your favor to let me drive next semester. I have a work study job so I will be able to pay for gas. So please take that into consideration. Thanking you in advance.

Your loving son,
Akeem Elmore

No comments: