Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Leaving Home

I would have to say that leaving home has been really hard for me. I actually came up here for the Summer to attend Summer school here and I did the whole goodbye thing. Leaving this August has been harder than that though. People say it should have been easier but in the Summer I knew I would be going back home within a month whereas now I won'y get to go home for a while. Being on the women's basketball team here means sacrificing alot and I won't get to go home for Thanksgiving and there's a chance I won't get to go home in December for the holidays because it's actual season time basketball. I flew here from Minnesota alone so I didn't have the experience of my mom or anybody moving me in my dorm or saying goodbye to me at all. Though I know people here like the people on my team and the boys team, it's still hard because none of them are in any of my classes and I have to make the effort to meet new people. This first week went by fast and I learned a lot from the different people on campus. I guess leaving home for anybody is a hard transition and I just fell in that category. Though going to Summer school helped me alot because I knew where alot of buildings were and some of the other things on campus were, I still miss home where I could wake up any time of the day I pleased lol. All things set aside, this week has been fun and I do actually look forward to the rest of the semester.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

We'll all have to come to an Eagles game to give you some support! Taquoia, you're probably the farthest from home out of anyone in the class, which makes you cool in your own way!

Good luck with the semester!