Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Once I graduated from high school I wasn't excited about leaving home because I knew it was going to be a tough experience for me. The time came by so fast for me to leave. On Friday, August 22 at 7:30 am I left Andrews, SC to start a new life at Winthrop University. It was hard for me because Im the only child and being on my own and holding my own responsibilities was going to be tough for me. I was so nervous about meeting new people, balancing my schoolwork, and pertaining the title as an ADULT!! While traveling to Rock Hill I began to think about all of my friends that I left behind. I know they would be going through the same obstacles as I was at that time. I thought about the times that we shared back in high school. Knowing that I would miss my parents and friends, I could use those feelings to push myself to do well academically so I won't be feeling this way for nothing. I MUST MAKE MY PARENTS PROUD!!

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

You probably already do make your parents proud, LaTesha. 7:30 AM? That's really early! I'm glad you're here, and that you've decided to make that first step toward independence.