Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Leaving home.

Leaving home was an experience I was looking forward to about a year ago. I just wanted to experience what it was like to be independent and have all the responsibilities of an adult. When it finally came time to leave I couldn’t have been more excited. I know it sounds bad but I wanted to leave all my high school friends and meet new people, new people that would actually have an effect on me. College to me is a new life, a chance to start all over again. You can erase your past in high school if it was good or bad and start fresh. Now that I am actually here my views have changed some. I would have never guessed that I would miss anyone back home but I actually do, probably not as much as others though. I would like to see some old friends but I have already met a lot of new people which helps with the loneliness. The first day I arrived I got out of my parents car and realized this was it. I am finally on my own and starting one of the biggest chapters of my life. Now I just wait to see what it brings.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

Ryan, I remember being really excited about the newness of college and starting over too. I usually try to start something new every few years, so that things don't get stale. I'm glad you're making new friends, and I'm also glad that you're starting this great new adventure here at Winthrop.