Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Leaving Home...

About two weeks before I was set to leave home, life was quite hectic. Most of my family is big on procrastination, so one could only imagine the chaos flitting about. Laundry had to be done, supplies had to be bought, and my good byes to my friends had to be said. I feel as if summer did not last long enough. On Friday morning, I had my car packed and with my dad in tow to help me move things, we made the three hour drive from Charleston to Rock Hill. Upon arrival, I was exhausted after moving everything in and walking to the Book Worm for my books. I wanted nothing more to do that crash in my new bed and sleep for hours. That was not an option, since there were meetings to be attended to. I must say, after these meetings, I was out like a light.

My first week at Winthrop has been a daze. It became busy so quickly and then I’d have a relaxing day to just spend getting used to the campus. As soon as classes started, I had to figure out how to get from one end of the campus to the other in just ten minutes for another class. I admit, I still do not know if this is possible, since I have been let out early in almost every class. I guess that is something to follow up on.

I call my mom every night, making sure she is holding up on her own with my brother in tow. However, being away from home is just what I need. It is a breath of fresh air, so to speak. I am now able to live my life, make my choices, and fulfill my own desires for once. I can only hope to survive the first month here at Winthrop University.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

You'll survive, but moving out on your own does involve chaos, busy-ness, and even a need for sleep! Try to stay rested, and try to make it to class on time!

Good luck.