Tuesday, November 18, 2008

All I Want for Christmas....

Dear Mom and Dad,

As you can see, I've included both of you guys in this email. 

I wanted to discuss Christmas this year.  This years needs to be about celebration and should be unforgettable.  Just this time last year, we had no idea that our holidays would be put on hold due to mom's unexpected yet tortuous brain surgeries and subsequent hospital stay.  We had no idea 21 days could be so long and that Christmas seemed to have no meaning when a loved one was suffering.  So, we spent Christmas, New Years and mom's birthday in the hospital.  Who cares that we actually celebrated Christmas in February?  Last year was tough and now a part of the past.    

So, instead of making lists for Christmas ideas, shopping like crazy people, and spending mad amounts of money..... LETS GO ON A CRUISE!  Neither of you have ever experienced a cruise.  I have and its wonderful!  I think it would be a great opportunity and if WE ALL pitch in - it will be cheap!  There are some great deals right now if we act NOW.  Yes, I am saying I will forfeit Christmas presents this year IF we take this family vacation.  I know, you're probably thinking, we've been divorced for 13 years.  Why would we do this?  Well, I have the answer.  Mom and Dad, you're better friends now than in the 17 years you were married.  We all get together often enough during the week for dinner "together" - so why not?  We can all pitch in.  If this seems like a crazy idea, just think of it as you're loaning me about $300 buck a piece.  You usually spend more than that on Daniel and me combined -  not to mention, our families!  You just reap the benefit of our enjoyment and it will be better than any expression on our faces from opening any gift!  So, come on!  Think hard about this.  It is really a great idea.  It will be like all those family vacations that our friends talked about that we never experienced.  Let's make it happen.

Picture this......my bottom lip is poked out and I have a really big sad face.  I'm begging.  PLEASE.

Talk to you both SOON!
Love you both LOTS!

Shannon 

No comments: