Thursday, November 6, 2008

Republican or Democrat?

This year marked my third time voting for a Presidential election. WOW!

Each and every one of you have your opinions. I would not dare badger you for voting on one side or another. However, I am republican and conservative - the majority of the time. It is rare but I do agree on some democratic views. Regardless, this year did in fact make history and I'm alive to witness and be apart of it.

I am a McCain supporter. Who cares that he's 71. It bothers me that people are ingorant when speaking of such. It's not fair when you take what you've heard versus FACTUAL information and formulate your opinion. Ronald Reagan was 69 when elected in office. He ran our country with Alzeimher's!

I decided to vote Christian. Not Muslim or any other denomination.

One reason I was not supporting Obama for the reason that he was/is taxing small businesses. I do not expect any of you younger students to follow my reasoning; however, I have been employed and paying taxes for 13 years. Yes, I've worked since the age of 14! It just so happens that I am employed by a small business, one that will be affected. Guess what that means for me? NO RAISE this year or any year, for that matter (hypothetically speaking). I work hard to earn my paycheck and my job isn't just my job; it's my career. Therefore, I deserve to be compensated but my employer should not be punished double either.

I guess at this point, it doesn't matter. I did my part and voted. The election is over. Obama is our President elect - and I will support my country as I have always.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

Thanks for being the only person to step out there and stand up for some Republican ideals. I voted for Obama, but am traditionally Republican minded, particularly when it comes to small businesses and increasing localized education. You're a brave soul, Shannon.