Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election 2008

I didn't vote. Not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't get back home to cast my vote. I was ignorant of the fact that I could send in an absentee ballot. I found out only three days ago about that alternative. But to be honest, it would not have made a difference in the outcome. I would have voted for Barack Obama, but I knew he was going to win anyway; I felt it. Given the circumstances, I cannot tell you who to vote for because the election is over, however IA am hopeful that you lent your support for Obama.
Barack isn't a seventy year old veteran with a lifetime of military and public service. But he is what is best for our country right now.
We do not need to be in Iraq. We do not need McCain's healthcare reforms. We do not need a man who is a puppet for the GOP. And we do NOT need a reincarnation of Bush in these troubling times.
We need Barack Obama and all of his campaign promises to be realized. People say that Obama will lead to change? They are absolutely right, and that change will begin the moment he steps into office. He is young, yes; but age sometimes means nothing when dealing with competency. America has every bit of confidence in Barack's ability to lead us. And he will change this world for the better.
I regret that I was unable to do so myself, but I hope that you went to the polls this morning and showed your support for our new President: Barack Hussein Obama.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

I'm sorry that you didn't get the chance to vote. Next time! Good evaluative overview, with good supportive evidence.