Thursday, November 13, 2008

Not Religious Discrimination

In this editorial article I read in the New York Times, it tells about religious group in Utah that wanted to post the ten commandments in a park. I don't see the need in doing something like this. I think it is a great thing to have other religions in the world and would love to learn more about other myself. As a christian I wouldn't want to go to the park and looking at something on display to tell me about a religion. Freedom of speech is something I am thankful that we have in this country, but to post something like that in a park you could offend others. I don't think any religion should have the right to do so. The group could always ask to put up words of encouragement, but to post something that is can be so controversial isn't a good idea. They can stand outside their church or homes handing out fliers or anything with the ten commandments on them and it would probably get around faster. I just disagree with posting them in a park only because I wouldn't be too crazy if another religion tried to do that same. There's nothing wrong with getting your word out just be somewhat respectful.

No comments: