Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election 2008

I fortunately and unfortunately could not participate in this election. I say fortunately because I got tired of hearing empty promises, lies, and mud slinging a long, long time ago, and just stopped paying attention. I felt that if I had voted it would have been by ennie-meanie-mynie-moe and not as an informed voter. I say unfortunately because now I didn’t get to be apart of a historical event, and I cannot complain for the next four years, and im not even registered. Being independent minded I probably would have voted for Obama, purely because he stayed consistent with his campaign promises and he is different from what we have had for the last eight years. Change is his main promise; I look forward to seeing what he can do. Now that our government is predominantly democratic, change is definitely upon us, with all the liberals pushing their new different ideas. My only hope is that Obama will enforce his promises and restore America back to it glory. It is indeed a time of great change; Obama has defied the odds and become the first African American president, let's see what he's got!

No comments: