Thursday, September 4, 2008

Favorite Artist

One of my favorite artists is Alicia Keys. She may not have any artwork on display, but to me, her music is a masterpiece. She is a R&B artist whose songs have a lot of meaning. Alicia Keys sings about real life situations and many I can relate to. What makes her great is that from listening to her voice and seeing her perform, I can tell that she puts her soul into each of her songs. Writing her own songs also makes her great. Whenever I listening carefully to her songs I can actually see what is going on because she uses so much imagery and details. Her voice is so amazing and her music is so soothing. In her song "If I Aint Got You", she mentioned how many people would need three dozen roses to show that their mate really love them. Alicia Keys goes very deep into her songs and it forces me to think about life in general. To sum things up, her music is wonderful and that's why she is one of my favorite artists.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

LaTesha, I have to admit that I kind of respect Alicia Keys as well. She keeps it real, and has an amazing voice. Thanks for taking the time to describe her music carefully.