Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My favorite artist......



My favorite artists are two people who happened to be married. They are Christo and Jeanne-Claude. They are my favorite artists, because they do something so simple but so amazing. They practice environmental and installation art, but they call their work wrapping. I know you're wondering what wrapping is, so I will tell you. Wrapping is taking a cloth and completely covering a building, landscape, or anything else environmental. Their reason for doing this is to bring the beauty of the world and its oldest buildings back to reality. They have wrapped rivers, buildings, islands, and plains. One of the most famous creation the two did was when they wrapped and old building called the Riechastag in Berlin. They placed a big cloth on the building completely covering it. Here is a picture of the Riechastag in Berlin.







1 comment:

Mr. B said...

Wow. Those are really cool art installations. My wife particularly loves environmental sculptures. Her favorite artist is Andy Goldsworthy. His works are more natural than these, but your favorite artists reminded me of him. You can check out his work at: http://www.morning-earth.org/ARTISTNATURALISTS/AN_Goldsworthy.html.