Monday, September 8, 2008

My Favorite Artist

My favorite artist by far is Kirk Franklin, a gospel artist. This man has an anointing on his life to write some of the best inspirational music I’ve ever heard. One song that stands out to me is “Imagine Me” which I have attached at the end of this blog. When you listen to this song think about where you are in your life and how far you have come. The words flow so well “imagine me, loving what I see when the mirror looks at me cause I, I imagine me”. This is saying that when you look in the mirror you love what you see because you’re looking at yourself the way God is looking at you. Another phrase I like is “being strong and not letting people bring me down, you want get that joy this time around” this one phrase in the song is powerful to me. It’s saying be strong, don’t be so weak that you will allow people to tear you down every chance they get, let them know that they will not still your joy. This song has touched in so many different areas in my life that I thought I would share it with you guys. I have much respect for Kirk Franklin because he has had a hard life growing up and in ministry, but he still keeps pushing on. He also gives his all in his writing, you can tell that it’s personal and that his feelings come out in every word he writes. He writes to capture the younger generations attention, which is needed in this day and time. If people would listen to the words and apply them to their own lives then they would gain a new found respect for the artist that he is. He has a way of ministering to me when I’m in low places in my life. When I’m having a bad day or just feeling down at times I would put in one of his CD’s and it would change my whole demeanor. I love all kinds of music, but you can’t top music that has powerful meanings behind it and Kirk Franklin is an artist that puts that meaning in music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL6vw5xI0Bg

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

I like Kirk Franklin too. He'd definitely done a lot to bring gospel music into a wider audience, which is a positive thing!