Monday, September 8, 2008

My favorite artist

When I think of who my favorite artist might be rock comes to mind. My favorite genre of music is different from that of the genre my favorite artist would fall under. My two favorite bands would be Aerosmith and the Beatles. One of my favorite things Aerosmith has done was a collaboration with Run DMC. I have been to one Aerosmith concert where I am from originally, Rochester, NY. I don't think I have been to a concert better than that. Although Aerosmith went through a rough time in the past, they really cleaned up and concentrated on their music rather than the obstacles that come along with stardom. Unfortunately, the Beatles were before my time, but I still love listening to their music. For anyone else who is a Beatles fan I would recommend the movie Across the Universe. It was really different from some movies I've seen but that soundtrack is one of my favorites. I think both bands have made huge impacts on music today and possibly in any genre. I also am a huge Goo Goo Dolls fan. I have also seen them in concert back in Myrtle Beach last summer at the House of Blues. There are lyrics to one song that just captivate me. I honestly could listen to this song forever. I could probably spend hours listening to songs by any three of these bands. I am not sure why I like bands over one solo artist. Anyone who knows me can tell you almost every cd I own has one song by them on it. My senior quote came from my favorite song by the Goo Goo Dolls: live like you mean it, love til you feel it, it's all that we need in our lives. 

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

I loved "Across The Universe." It was a great movie--so colorful, and sweeping. Plus, the Beatles are timeless. They changed music forever, and I guess that Aerosmith is becoming a classic band in its own right too.