Tuesday, September 30, 2008

GEEKED OVER SHOES

I have an extreme obsession with shoes. I actually own 136 pairs. Yes, I've actually counted. I recently gave away 96 pairs of shoes only so I could replenish my stock. Let's just say I made a young girl ecstatic that day! My shoes consist of many varieties and mostly have heels. I'm vertically challenged! However, I have options for all types of weather and seasons. The most expensive pair only cost me $140.00. That was a bargain! And bargain is my middle name. I am always in search of a deal. That is why I own so many. I continue to find great deals so the purchases are a must. :) I hate to say that I have regretfully passed my passion onto my son and now I suffer from the same. My purchases for myself have become fewer and far between because my son needs, wants, JUST HAS TO HAVE lots of shoes. We compromise and take turns. I feel as if our shoes define our personality in ways. My son has to wear uniforms to school. He and the children are dressed the same everyday with the exception of their shoes. The only individuality that separates them from the rest. So, I allow him to have more than one pair for school versus my school days of one pair were for school only. His shoes describe him. Shoes make statements and tell you things about a person. Not only do they take you places, they tell you where you've been.

So, if I ever go bankrupt, it will be because I overindulged while shoe shopping.

Check out www.shoemetro.com for some great Ebay deals. :)

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

Wow. My wife likes shoes, but not that much... thank goodness.