Monday, September 29, 2008

What I am geeky about

I would have to say that because of who I am and how I work that there is not really one thing in particular that I am geeky about. I like a challenge, almost any and everything that puts forth a challenge I have to try. But if I had to choose my favorite thing to do it would have to be rock climbing. When I was younger, I lived in Massachusetts, tons of mountains. This is where I first learned how to rock climb. All growing up I climbed over literally pretty much everything that I could or was allowed to. But my friends lived up in the mountains, like you looked out their back door and there they were. Well I went to spend the weekend with them and my friend's older brother was going rock climbing and asked if we wanted to go. I was hesitant at first but once I started I couldn't get enough. So needless to say I was over their house alot after that. Once I moved to Charleston, where there are no mountains, I was upset because I thought that I was never going to be able to rock climb again. But thats not the case. I met a friend and was invited to her birthday party and guess what it entailed, yup rock climbing. I was exstatic, I had found a place where I could climb. Almost every weekend after that I was at this store climbing the wall. Though it was not as good as the real thing it was still fun. I had continued to go to this store but not as often up until I moved on to campus. I have seen the climbing wall here but I have yet to try it out. I will get there eventually though.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

It's a great wall over there in the west center. They'll loan you shoes and everything! Also, there's a nearby crag that a lot of folks go to at Crowder's Mountain.