Sunday, September 7, 2008

Favorite Artist(s)

Okay so I've never really had a favorite artist. It's always been the hard questions for me. You know, like when someone asks who your favorite actor is. Well during Welcome Week here at Winthrop, Chapter 6 came to sing for us as a cultural event. I thought it was awesome! Chapter 6, has some of you don't know, is and a'cappella group. This means they use no instruments only their voices. The interesting thing was, I didn't think I was going to like them because I like listening to the beat of the music, but the harmony of their voices seemed to take the place of that. My two favorite songs was "Ode to Krispy Kreme" and "The Wizard of Oz Medley"! Those songs made me laugh so hard! I could almost smell the donuts during the "Ode to Krispy Kreme". My favorite part of "The Wizard of Oz Medley" is when John played the witch and the others threw water on him for the part of the witch melting. It was hilarious!

What I liked the most about listening to them is how amazing it is to hear their voices together. It will send chills up your spine. I was asking myself the question while listening to them, "How did they find each other?" They are perfect together. I really wanted to stay afterward to ask them questions, but I was so tired from laughing. They made their performance a comedy just by enjoying themselves up on stage. That is what I believe a good artist is. It's like a good athlete is being able to enjoy themselves on the field. Their jobs aren't just work. I really admire that. My hope for myself is that I don't end up hating my job.

I do encourage anyone who hasn't heard or watched them perform, to visit their website
http://www.chapter6.com/ . I do understand that some people do not like this kind of music, but you may surprise yourself. I know I did!

2 comments:

Mr. B said...

A unique choice, Paige! I like their stuff pretty well. Plus, the guys are funny. Thanks for sharing the link with us.

Briana Carr said...

test