Monday, September 8, 2008

Favorite Artist

My favorite type of artists would have to be musicians and people who play and sing music.
I do not have a particularly favorite musician or band because I like so many different types of music. But if I had to chose I would say that Louis Armstrong is ranked at the top. I like his music because, well I really can not explain it, it makes me feel like the world is alright while I am listening to it. Louis Armstrong's music is inspiring to tell people that it could be a wonderful world if we just try to make it that way and I believe that is why I like his music. Even though bad things happen we always have the chance to change it. Louis Armstrong's music gives hope that there is something better in what what looks like a hopeless situation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRqJUtqDrbM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHtVJhu5QtE

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

You can explain it! You just think that you can't. Louis Armstrong's voice is so unique; it's like listening to gravel run through a trombone, which turns out to be a lovely sound indeed! "What a Wonderful World" is a positive song, but not all of his work was uplifting. Still, I agree with you. Armstrong is great. Nice choice!