Monday, September 8, 2008

What am I geeked out about???

What am I geeked out about??? I have so many things that come to mind it’s so hard to pick just one. I must say since it’s that time of year I will say FOOTBALL. I love the game and of course I’m a Carolina Panther fan. I started watching football when I was about 10 years old. My parents were 49er fans and I followed their lead. I remember watching Joe Montana, one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. I remember having a little crush on him because he looked cute in his uniform. When Joe got hurt it broke my heart. I remember like it was yesterday, the 49er were playing the Giants, who was not playing very nice. Joe got hit many times but that last time ended his career with the 49er. He tried to come back after healing but he was not the same. So you should know how I feel about the Giants, I hate them with a passion along with the Cowboys, but that’s another story.
I have a new team now, 49ers will be my #1 team forever but you know I have to pull for my home team. My favorite player with the Panthers is Steven Smith (Smitty). This man is awesome to watch and Sunday was a prime example of why. This man can make plays happen on the field. Smith is so small compared to the other players but he packs a mean punch. I call him the Mugsy Bogues of football. I also like Muhsin Muhammad who also showed his butt off Sunday against the Falcons. Carolina has two great wide receivers but the quarterback is another story. Jack Dalhomme is one of my least favorite players on the team. He needs to go play for the Giants; this shows how much he means to me. If Carolina would invest in Brady or one of the Manning boys we might have a few Super Bowl rings.
The love that I have for football has rubbed off on my boys. I have a 10 year old who’s about 5’6” and weighs 155lbs and he plays football for the Finley Road Falcons. He plays nose guard on defense and left guard on offence. He says he wants to be a professional football player when he grows up. I also have a 6 year old who is just a little old thing and he thinks he’s the best one on the field when they play football in the neighborhood; he’s not old enough to play for a team yet. I always comes home and tells me how he be juking the boys out and scoring all the touchdowns in the game. Next year he will be old enough to play and I’m looking forward to seeing him get knocked on his butt a few times.
Football is an interesting sport; it keeps my attention and is the only sport I can sit down and watch all day long. I don’t know to many women who can sit and watch football all day long, my husband is a very lucky man. He will never hear me tell him to turn the TV when football is on, I don’t care if it’s college or professional I can watch it all day. Below is the websites for my favorite teams, 49ers and Panthers.
http://www.sf49ers.com/home.php
http://www.panthers.com/IntroPage1.aspx

No comments: