Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Favorite Artist

Choosing just one person as my favorite artist is extremely difficult. I listen to everything thing from classical and opera to hip hop and rock, i even like Broadway show tunes. I cannot narrow it down to one but i can narrow it to a few.

I love Matt Nathanson, for his soft sound, simple but relevant lyrics, and his humor. His songs have a soft, sort of typical guy guitar sound, but its his lyrics that draw you in. They almost paint a picture and show rather than tell. I love his songs "Still" and "Wedding Dress", they are amazing. I never get tiered of listening to them.

I will be honest, as nerdy and ridiculous as it is I am I huge Broadway fan. I love almost all of the the shows for different reasons, but at the moment I just cannot get Legally Blonde the Musical out of my head, or off my playlist. Laura Bell Bundy who plays Elle Woods is amazing in her own right but she just captures the the character of Elle Woods and runs with it. She is such an amazing singer, her vioce and range is incredible. It still atoundes me to watch her hit an extremly high, un-godly note after doing a complex dance and sing for 2 minutes straight. I love the songs "Positive", "Chip on my Shoulder", "So Much Better" and "Legally Blonde". The upbeat sound and the cute, girly lyrics are what make the show. Of course it is fun to listen to but even better to watch, with the whole ensamble together performing, it is just amazing. The whole show is just fun.

Aside from those, I like Kate Voegle, recently featured on One Tree Hill. She is a new up and coming artist who has a unique and interestign voice. Her sound is very much pop-rock kind of sound, but some of her songs and lyrics she writes herself so thats really awesome.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

Kristen, thanks for taking care to describe each artist so carefully. One of my favorite musicians has a song called "Wedding Dress" too; her name is Rosie Thomas. You should check her out.

My wife likes musicals too, and I have to admit that I've begun to favor them as well. Our favorite is "The Producers," but we'll probably end up seeing "Legally Blonde" too.