Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I am a Clothing geek

Despite how absolutely pointless it is I know a lot about clothes. I am a sure it will not really do anything for me in my life and I am sure that I have not had the slightest care about my appearance, how ever I know a lot about fashion. Most of it is gobbly gook. However I know a lot of new and up coming designers such as Hamish Morrow who is still in his first decade of being a profit making designer. Of course I know the classic designers too, like Missoni. Missoni is known for their intricate pattern work, however since a new generation of the Missoni family is taking over new ideas are starting to get into play. Such as their new perfume. I love the history of the designers. The way that Christian Louboutin got his trade mark red soles is because after completing his first pair of heels he thought they needed something extra. So he grabbed his secretaries red nail polish and painted the bottom red. Now everyone copies him and he became a successful and famous shoe designer. I just get so interested in what is always going on. There are always new shapes and colors and patterns to be seen. It never gets boring. When I find my self being bored I will pick up a magazine and just dissect it. I will look at every word and every picture. There is just so much stuff that I love wrapped up in this nice little package called design.

2 comments:

Mr. B said...

That's an interesting fact about the red nail polish. Clothes can definitely be interesting, especially when those fashion designers put out all that really crazy stuff. Remind me to tell you a story about the "Space Gear" clothing line in class.

Cara said...

Have you noticed how clothing that would have been considered so ugly at one time becomes stylish later? Fashion is changing so constantly!