Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What I am "geeky" at

I was in yearbook my junior and senior year of high school and would have to say that's what I was "geeky" at. I always found myself running around school getting quotes for the yearbook or taking pictures. My senior year I fully dedicated myself to yearbook as editor-in-chief. I don't think I enjoyed the class as much as I did the year before since I wasn't writing as much copy, but I had to make sure everyone else was doing what they needed to be doing. I remember there were plenty of days I would stay after school until 7:00 and even one time until 8:30. We would get our work done before a big deadline and entertained ourselves at the same time. I truly enjoyed being in yearbook and I loved everything about it. I felt like a huge nerd when the book came out reading everything and pointing out all the mistakes that we made or things we did well. I could tell you every small mistake or big mistake in our yearbooks the past two years that students who didn't take the class or maybe were even in the class didn't notice. My computer skills were better after the class from working on word, Adobe Indesign. and even photoshop a few times. Every summer before the class started we would go to yearbook camp. I would tell people were I was going for the weekend and they would find it funny asking me if it was anything like band camp. I didn't care whether they found it funny or not because I knew when I went I would enjoy myself and learn a lot from all the different workshops.

No comments: